Spyware is a computer program that collects information about a computer user without their knowledge for the purpose of either monitoring or stealing it. This computer program is also called in certain context snitch.
The information it tends to collect is the traceability of the digital addresses of websites, the spying of keywords used in search engines; Financial information such as bank IDs, credit card numbers, visas or access codes; login credentials such as passwords and usernames.
This article will also interest you: ESET discovers a spy software called "Varenyky"
But first of all, all spyware are not illegal as there is a license to use for some. Often these software are installed in the terminals with the intention of protect the user or these are side effects of other applications that a lot of people don't bother to check before install on the device.
Generally, spyware is installed same time as other fairly normal software. This may be for the software developer, the cost-effectiveness of its application by the marketing certain statistical data, as using a application means habits that can be very expensive in the market. It's for this reason you are told that spyware is not necessarily Illegal. Often these applications with a purpose for development as well as in some cases a purely unhealthy purpose.
But let's not kid ourselves about spy apps simply used to spy. And this can lead to serious damage such as the disclosure of personal data. Apart from that, a spyware can also have adverse effects on our devices and this can be seen through various symptoms.
How spyware works on particularly visible because it is a program like any other in the past. actions will be manifested by certain well-defined details such as:
- The occupancy of space on the hard drive.
- The consumption of part of the living memory.
- A significant mobilization of processor resources.
- It can also happen that your applications crash by spy software effect.
- An ergonomic problem with the use of the device as a whole. Not to mention an irregular consumption of internet data.
The types of spyware
There are two types of spyware. we Have:
- Internal spyware. Those that are integrated into the very heart of the device or a third-party application.
- We also have external spyware that is either installed as a result of downloading or that are being affected by other applications.
How does it go protect?
To protect yourself from spyware, you must first have preventive measures:
- First, never install an application that you're not 100% sure where it came from or the reliability of its designer. That's why he recommended that you always download your applications in the blinds dedicated specifically to its brands.
- If it is particularly difficult to detect the spyware once installed, remain constantly vigilant because, no program of this kind can work without posing a direct problem to the Terminal in question.
- In addition, there are many antivirus viruses that will allow you to protect yourself from spyware. The most famous are BitDefender and Kaspersky. These are the programs that are known for their strength and reliability of their protection but also their effectiveness according to recent computer security tests.
Now access an unlimited number of passwords: